Diploma program with a strong Pharmaceutical Industry focus.
The annual sanctioned intake for the D. Pharmacy course is 60. Admission is made on the basis of inter-merit / rank, prepared on the basis of %age of qualifying examination marks. Admission is made through online off-campus counseling by the Haryana State Technical Education Society.
75% of seats of sanctioned intake are filled through HSTES.
25% of seats of sanctioned intake are filled by the institution on merit
The candidate must have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized Board / University, with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics / Biology.
D. Pharma Fee Performa CA Report for Comments
The Director General-cum-Member Secretary
Admission and Fee Regulatory Committee, SCO 38-39, Sector 17-A, Chandigarh, Haryana
Subject: Review of fee revision proposal submitted by Shri Ram College of Pharmacy (referred to “Institute”), Karnal, Haryana for D.Pharmacy course
Shri Ram College of Pharmacy is registered as a Trust in the name of Shri Ram Educational Trust having registered office at 857/13 Urban Estate, Karnal vide registration no. 7615 dated 11 December 2006.
The Institute has submitted a proposal for fixation of fee for this new course, D. Pharmacy commencing in session 2020-21. The Institute has proposed a fee of INR 46,000 per student (Tuition fee and Development fee) for session 2020-21 vide letter and proposal submitted bearing reference dated 22 December 2020.
The existing and proposed fee
The following table summarizes the (i) Fee proposed by the Institute and (ii) Fee recomputed based on data provided by the institute (“Recomputed Fee”);
|Fee Proposed by the Institute ( A )||Recomputed Fee (B)|
|Tuition Fee (TF)||INR 40,000||INR 37,000|
|Development Fee (DF)||INR 6,000||INR 5,550|
|Total Fee||INR 46,000||INR 42,550|
Note: Development fee has been computed at maximum rate of 15% of TF, as per applicable rules. Numbers have been rounded to nearest thousand.
Rationale for reduction in fee proposed by Institute
Based on the methodology and norms prescribed by AICTE and Haryana Government, we have recomputed the TF at INR 37,500 and thereby a Total Fee (incl. 15% of TF as DF) of INR 43,100 per student reported by (B) in the above table)
Variance between Revised fee proposed by the Institute and Recomputed Fee of INR 3,450 per student (reduction of 8%) was due to
- Actual cost incurred for non-teaching staff was about 135% of faculty cost As per AICTE norms, non-teaching staff cost cannot exceed 35% for faculty cost while estimating Tuition fee
- Institute had estimated about INR 200,000 annual spend in 2020-21 and 2021-22 on advertisement, while as per AFRC meeting held on 17 January 2019, it was notified that advertisement spend cannot exceed INR 200 per student (INR 24,000 for the Institute for a student strength of 200)
Assumptions and Disclaimers
- The recomputed fee included in this report is based on information provided by the Institute, both in hard and soft copy, as part of the proposal submitted.
- As part of our review, we have not conducted an audit or detailed assessment of historical information and estimated information for future years provided by the Institute.
- We have considered all information provided to us by the Institute till the date of this report. Information, if any, provided after this date has not been considered in our analysis / review.
- Our work does not include review of compliances with applicable laws. Accordingly, impact of non-compliance, if any, on Tuition Fee estimation has not been considered.
Workings underlying recomputed revised fee (tabulated above) has been included as Annexures to this report.
For Jain Neeraj & Associates
CA Neeraj Jain